RICK TOZZI'S STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
This recipe will have you licking your lips
This recipe serves 9 - it will make approx 48 shells
- 47 oz – Ricotta Cheese (unsweetened)
- 8 oz - Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 - Teaspoon garlic powder (granulated)
- 2 - Tablespoons of Dried Parsley
- 1/2 - Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 – Teaspoon of Table Grind Black Pepper
- 3 – Eggs
- 1 1/2 - Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 35 – 45 oz – Marinara Tomato Sauce (homemade is preferred)
See recipe for Marinara Sauce on the web site
- 2 boxes - 12 oz Jumbo Pasta Shells
- Mix all of the ingredients items 1- 7 in a blender bowl.
- Blend mixture for approx 2 minutes or until the ricotta mix is smooth and contains no lumps.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese (#8) and blend for another minute
- While combining the above ingredients, place a 12 quart pot (add 1 tablespoon of salt) on the stove
and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta shells at that time and part-cook them.
The shells should be pliable, but not fully cook.
- Drain and cool them with cold water to prevent additional cooking.
- Place about a 1/8 inch layer of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2” aluminum pan.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into each pasta shell.
You will have to hold the sides of the pasta shell open to get a sufficient quantity in each shell.
- Place the stuffed shells with the open side up in the pan.
You should be able to place 5 shells in a row – 25 shells in total in the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place the pan in the refrigerator,
or freezer until you are ready to cook them.
If the shells have been frozen – thaw them out a day before you plan to use them in the refrigerator.
- Approx 1 hour before you are ready to cook the shells, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the foil, and dab a teaspoon of tomato sauce over each shell.
- Sprinkle approx 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese over the shells and cover with the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
- Tomato Sauce
- Meat for the Tomato Sauce
- Caesar Salad
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Pasta è Fagioli
- Marinara Sauce
- Veal Piccatta
- Veal Marsala
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Wedding Soup
- Go To Recipe Page
- Home Page