- Place 2 slices of white bread in warm water (in a small bowl).
Mix the following ingredients into the meat:
(recommend splitting these ingredients in half and
preparing the meatballs in two batches,
as they are easier to handle).
- 1 1/4 lb. ground round
- 1 1/4 lb. ground pork
- 1 tbsp (+) parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp (+) basil
- 1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1/4 teasp. granulated garlic powder
USE YOUR HANDS. DON'T BE SHY.
- Squeeze water from bread.
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Add to meat mixture.
- MIX THOROUGHLY.
- Place Crisco Oil (seasoned slightly with olive oil) in electric skillet.
- Moisten clean hands with water.
- Roll mixture in hands, making meatballs slightly larger than golf balls.
- Brown meat balls on all sides.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
You should have approx. 13 - 14 meatballs.
Use at least a 8 quart pot - a bigger size would be better if you have one!