RICK TOZZI'S POTATOE FRITTATA
This frittata is a nice Appetizer and will serve 6 - 8 people
Note – I use a Calphalon Frittata Pan to cook the following:
- 1 pound of white potatoes – diced
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 10 large or jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheeses
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbs. dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of milk
- In a nonstick pan, fry the potatoes in the ¼ cup of oil until done and golden brown.
- Pour the oil from the pan.
- Mix the eggs, cheese, garlic, parsley, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until the cheese and garlic are well blended into the mixture.
- Spread the potatoes in the sauté pan and pour the egg mixture in – use med-high heat under the pan.
- Stir gently in the center and, using a fork or spatula, carefully lift the edges and
gently push the eggs to one side of the pan, tilting the pan slightly to allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Cook until the egg mixture begins to thicken approx 5 – 6 minutes.
- Place the cover frying pan (Calphalon Frittata Pan) on top and flip the pans.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stick a knife into the center of the Frittata to be sure the center is cooked.
If you don’t have a Frittata Pan, then heat the oven to 375 degrees and transfer the pan to the oven to complete cooking – approx 15 minutes.
- Tomato Sauce
- Meat for the Tomato Sauce
- Caesar Salad
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Pasta è Fagioli
- Marinara Sauce
- Veal Piccatta
- Veal Marsala
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Wedding Soup
- Go To Recipe Page
- Home Page