Adding the Meat
Will you hurry up.   I don't have all day.
The meat you add to the sauce will give it an unforgetable flavor.
I usually prepare the meat for the Lasagna the night before I make the Tomato Sauce.  (The process will make the next day not seem as long.)
For this first step you will need the following:
- Pepperoni -(usually use one large pepperoni - 14")
- Six boneless Pork Chops - 3/4 inch thick
- 5 lb of Ground Beef
- 4 lb Ground Pork
Before adding any ingredients to the meat
Mix the following ingredients into the meat:
(I recommend splitting these ingredients in half
- Place 6 slices of white bread in warm water(in a small bowl).
- 5 lb. ground round
- 5 lb. ground pork
- Squeeze water from bread.
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Add to meat mixture.
- MIX THOROUGHLY.
preparing the meatballs in two batches,
as they are easier to handle).
- 1/2 cup (+) parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup (+) basil
- 2 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 5 - 6 extra large eggs
- 2- 2 1/2 tbsp. granulated garlic powder
USE YOUR HANDS. DON'T BE SHY.
- Place Crisco or light cooking oil (seasoned slightly with olive oil) in electric skillet.
- Moisten clean hands with water.
- Roll mixture in hands, making meatballs about twice the size of golf balls.
- Brown the pork chops and the meat balls on all sides.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
While sauce is cooking, slice pepperoni into one inch pieces
and place in tomato sauce. Then
brown the pork chops in olive oil and
drain on a paper towel.
After the sauce has cooked for two hours,
place pork chops in tomato sauce.