RICK TOZZI'S MARINARA TOMATO SAUCE
- 3 (15 oz) cans of Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can of Hunts tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 large cloves of garlic.
- Coat bottom of the pan (1 tbsp) with olive oil.
- Crush 1 large cloves of garlic and add to oil and lightly brown
- Allow oil to cool.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste to garlic.
- Fill each tomato sauce can approx. 3/4 full with water and add to the sauce.
- Add 6 oz of Chianti (use the tomato paste can and fill it with Chianti and clean sides of cans)
- Heat the sauce and stir frequently until the tomato paste has
- Add the following spices, rubbing them in your palm to release their fragrance:
- 1 1/2 heaping teasp - oregano
- 1 1/2 heaping teasp rosemary
- 1 1/2 heaping teasp - basil
- 1 bay leaves
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Cook at medium heat until mixture is hot.
- Reduce heat to low and stir frequently. Allow to cook for at least 3/4 to 1 hour.
- Do not remove from the heat until the air bubbles on the top of the sauce leave a "moon crater" and the sauce becomes thick.
- Tomato Sauce
- Meat for the Tomato Sauce
- Caesar Salad
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Pasta è Fagioli
- Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Veal Piccatta
- Veal Marsala
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Wedding Soup
- Go To Recipe Page
- Home Page