After reading this recipe you may think that it's too much
work to make Lasagna.  Trust
me, (I'm sure you have heard this before)
the extra effort you put forth will bring many raves and " thank
you's" from your guests.
And maybe a couple of
Or a dozen roses!
You will need a lot of Tomato Sauce and meat for the Lasagna.  (
Before starting this recipe, you will need to make the meat first before starting the sauce.
I usually prepare the meat for the Lasagna the night before I make the Tomato Sauce.  (The process will make the next day not seem as long.)
For this first step you will need the following:
- 2 pork chops for flavor
- 3.5 lb of Ground Beef
- 3.5 lb Ground Pork
Before adding any ingredients to the meat
Mix the following ingredients into the meat:
(I recommend splitting these ingredients in half
- Place 5 slices of white bread in warm water(in a small bowl).
- 3.5 lb. ground round
- 3.5 lb. ground pork
- Squeeze water from bread.
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Add to meat mixture.
- MIX THOROUGHLY.
preparing the meatballs in two batches,
as they are easier to handle).
- 1/2 cup (+) parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup (+) basil
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 5 - 6 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated garlic powder
USE YOUR HANDS. DON'T BE SHY.
- Place Crisco or light cooking oil (seasoned slightly with olive oil) in electric skillet.
- Moisten clean hands with water.
- Roll mixture in hands, making meatballs about twice the size of golf balls.
- Brown the pork chops and the meat balls on all sides.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels.
You are now ready to make the Tomato Sauce - which can be started the next morning.