RICK TOZZI'S EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA PERFECTION
MOM - When will it be ready!
This recipe is for approximately 8 people.
- Select three FAT eggplants.
- Peel the eggplants with a vegetable peeler.
- Slice the eggplant very thin - 1/4" with an electric slicer.
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt on one side of the eggplant.
- Place slices on top of one another in a large colander.
- Weigh down the eggplants, to aid the water draining process.
- (We placed a dinner plate on top of the eggplants in the colander and placed a jug of distilled
water on top of the plate).
- Allow 1/2 to 1 hour for the eggplant to drain.
- Liquid will drain from the colander during this process.
- Remove the eggplant and place the pieces on a paper towel.
- Pat each slice dry.
- 8 eggs, break the yolks and blend together.
- 2 teasp Granulated garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Small dab of milk
- Mix everything together.
- 20 oz. Container of Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 8 to 10 oz. Container of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of dried Parsley Flakes
- Approximately 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder
- Stir to mix.   You should be able to smell the cheese and garlic in the mixture.   If not add more!
Place several eggplant slices into egg mixture.
- Remove and coat with a thin coating of the breading mixture.
- Repeat this process until all of the eggplants have been breaded.
- Fry breaded eggplant in an electric skillet at 300-325 degrees.
- Use 1/2 Wesson oil and 1/2 Olive oil.   Cook until golden brown.
- Change oil when it becomes foamy.   Drain eggplant on paper towels.
Layer eggplant parmigiana as follows:
- VERY Thin layer of tomato sauce.
- 1 layer of Eggplant
- Grated mozzarella cheese
Note: Three layers maximum!
Bake at 325 degrees until cheese melts, approximately 15 -20 minutes.   Heaven awaits!
Can be served with some Pasta OR as the main course.
Fettuccine Alfredo is wonderful with this dish.
- Tomato Sauce
- Meat for the Tomato Sauce
- Caesar Salad
- Veal Piccatta
- Veal Marsala
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Pasta è Fagioli
- Wedding Soup
- Go To Recipe Page
- Home Page