The ingredients you need are:
- 10-12 Whole Roasted, Peeled Green Chilies
- 6-8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- Flour for Dredging
- 2 Eggs separated
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbls. Vegetable Oil
- And a bottle of vegetable Oil for Frying
- Mix batter ingredients except separated egg whites in food processor and blend into smooth batter.
- Let sit to ripen 20 minutes, then blend a second or two more.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (not dry) then fold into processor mixture with rubber spatula.
- While batter ripens, cut cheese into small finger shapes, then stuff into the chilies.
- Roll the cheese stuffed chilies in flour then dip in batter.
- Brown both sides in hot oil.
I usually put ½" or more oil in electric skillet at approx. 375 degrees.
Make sure your oil is very hot before starting to fry them.
We usually serve the Chili Rellenos with a 6 oz filet and Mexican Fried Potatos
Make some Green Chili Sauce for The Chili Rellenos and
Green Pepper Corn Sauce for the filets
Other recipes links are below